Bhartiya Samaj of Central Florida (BSCFL) is a non-profit cultural organization ("Samaj") based in Polk County, Florida. Our samaj has grown to be one of the most active Indian organizations in Florida and conducts many exciting cultural and recreational events that bring more than 300 Indian families together. Our fundamental mission is to:
1. Maintain, enhance, understand, and appreciate our Indian culture and heritage
2. Encourage friendship and oneness among members with entertainment and cultural events, and
3. Educate the next generation about our rich customs, traditions, and festivals
We would like to recognize graduating seniors who have had an extended length of participation with our Samaj, our culture/heritage and who have made active contributions to their school and community. As part of this encouragement for academic growth we would like to award two scholarships in the amounts of $1,000.00 and $500.00 for continuing education.
1. All applicants must be graduating seniors of the current school year.Intend on entering college after graduating.
2. Have a good record of school and community involvement.
3. Have been part of BSCFL (as a member) for two or more years.
4. Must fill out the online application form (on https://www.bscfl.com/Scholarship.aspx) and write an essay on “My Heritage”.
5. Your application must be received (online submission only) by BSCFL no later than January 14, 2023 by 11:00 pm EST. No late entries will be accepted.
6. You must agree to our terms and conditions, rules and regulations.
ESSAY PROMPT: “MY HERITAGE”
As a Bhartiya (Indian) kid growing up in America, you have the unique advantage of exposure to ancient heritage and culture at home, clubbed with modern lifestyle at school and society. This not only positions you as a diverse and capable individual, but also makes you broad minded and unique.
At home, at cultural events and at temples, you have learnt the strong ethical values and moral behavior. This knowledge has instilled the qualities in you such as personal responsibility, good work ethics, integrity, compassion, empathy, and individuality.
We want to know about this connection that you inherited with your roots and heritage. Tell us in your unique way how you have been influenced by parents, family here and in India, from your Guru, and visits to India. Tell us how you have sculpted yourself to be a better person by your inherited heritage (Sanskara) and your Karma (your lifestyle, volunteering, achievements, etc.).
CLICK HERE TO START ONCE YOU ARE READY: https://www.bscfl.com/Scholarship.aspx